Welcome to our June Neighbourhood Plan update. Even in these difficult times we are making progress with the plan. Due to Covid-19 we are still bound by HM government restrictions which mean for the time being at least we will continue to update you via leaflets like this one. Here is an update on the progress that’s been made:-
- The steering group set up by the Parish Council meets regularly by videoconferencing.
- We have engaged a local Neighbourhood Planning consultant, Ian Poole, who will help guide us through the process. Ian has successfully completed many plans including for our neighbouring parish of Elmsett. We hope that as restrictions are eased over the coming months you will be able to meet him in person at a drop in session.
- We are applying for a grant to help fund the Neighbourhood Plan process. This will enable us to conduct some assessments and surveys of the parish which are part of the requirements set out by the government NP scheme.
- Over the next few months, we will be conducting a Household survey. This asks for your thoughts of the whole parish and its community, including housing development, transport and highways, our environment, amenities, employment and finally your housing needs and the future needs of the community
- This is an essential part of the NP process and our eventual Plan will carry much more weight if we can demonstrate it is based on solid evidence from our community.
- When we submitted our request to Babergh District Council to start our Neighbourhood Plan we had to state the area to which our plan would apply. To keep things simple in conjunction with the Parish Council we have chosen the natural parish boundary (see diagram below).
- One of the requirements of the Neighbourhood Plan is that we should identify parcels of land in our Parish that may be suitable for development. If you know of, or own, any such places, please contact us in confidence with details.
Thanks for your support and patience as we try to make progress despite the restrictions imposed on us by Covid-19. We would be delighted to hear from you with any questions, suggestions or comments about our Neighbourhood Plan (email address and phone number at the top of the page).