Welcome to our February 2021 Neighbourhood Plan (NP) update. As we have said before, despite Covid we are continuing to make progress with the plan, but the government restrictions still mean for the time being at least we will have to continue to update you via leaflets like this one, through social media and posters. We WILL NOT be delivering leaflets through doors, but may use the postal service if economically viable. Here is an update on the progress that’s been made:-
Reminder of what the Neighbourhood Plan is and how it can help our Parish with regard to planning matters:
|The Neighbourhood Plan Guides where new development is preferred by the community Ensures that the unique characteristics and landscape setting of the village is maintained Enables the protection and improvement of vital services and facilities appropriate for a village of the settlement’s size and location.|
|It contains planning policies which, when the Plan is complete, crucially, will be used as a starting point for consideration of planning applications.|
It is a powerful tool in deciding planning matters.
By engaging in this process, we will retain some control over future development of the parish. IT IS NOT A MEANS TO PREVENT DEVELOPMENT. It does mean, however, that if the community feels a site submitted on the Joint Local plan is not sustainable and we have an alternative site, and we can produce evidence to argue for a more sustainable site, we can then influence where development takes place.
What stage are we at now?
Just before Christmas we completed the school survey and competition.
• Six winners were announced across the age groups and given prizes for their efforts
• The NP gave a donation to the school for their contribution towards our plan.
• The NP is now in its draft format and going to our consultant for its first review.
• The Landscape Assessment, Site and Design Codes assessments are also in DRAFT format. These form the backbone to and influence a considerable part of our Plan.
• The Neighbourhood team are still working hard to produce a completed plan before the end of the year to work alongside the new JLP.
Thanks for your support and patience as we try to make progress despite the restrictions imposed on us by Covid-19. We would be delighted to hear from you with any questions, suggestions or comments about our Neighbourhood Plan (email address and phone number at the top of the page).